50+ Things You Can Outsource Today
Written by: Jeanine Connolly
Earlier this year, SEM Rush reported that 81% of business owners work nights and 89% work weekends.
As a small business owner, you may be thinking, how in the world can 11-19% of business owners NOT be working nights and weekends?
Well, we can’t breach our client confidentiality agreements, but we have a feeling some Wise Advise + Assist rockstar clients made it to that list after outsourcing their most painful tasks to us.
If you’d like to get back 10 or more hours each week, here are more than 50 time-consuming tasks you could outsource today!
These tasks are a great place to start if you’ve never outsourced before. It’s quick and painless to hand off the little things to prepare you for handing off some bigger things in the future.
- Email organization and sorting
- Manage calendars and coordinate schedules
- Buy office supplies
- Create systems and workflows
- Organize travel arrangements
- Set appointments
- Manage product shipments to customers
- Deliver or pick up business goods, documents or samples to local contacts
- Analyze customer sales data to find the top 20% driving 80% of your sales
- Setup Google Analytics for free website performance reports
The written word is used in many ways to help you present a consistent story to your customers.
- Written content on webpages, email, landing page, advertisement, presentation
- Copy writers are storytellers who know how to put the right words on webpages, emails, landing pages, advertisements, presentations, etc. to engage audiences with your brand and get results
Visual design is an important part of your brand. It ensures all of your visual communication presents a clear and focused image of your company.
- Logo design
- Social media graphics (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram)
- Email design
- Website graphics, layout, color palette and design
- Design sales collateral; brochures, flyers, banners, leave behinds
- Branding identity with branded business cards, stationary, email templates, slide templates
- Create product packaging
- Advertisement design
- Coupons and promotions
- Catalogs and Look Books
Websites are like your virtual storefront. It helps present your company to the world in a seamless fashion.
- A website refresh, optimized for SEO
- Identify the best tools, features and applications that can work with your existing network
SEO tells search sites, like Google, how to find your website so they can send more leads to you.
- Perform a website audit so you know what’s working and what’s not
- Optimize the front-end of your site that the public sees and back-end that the search engine read
- Develop a list of your top keywords
- Ongoing performance measurement so you know what’s working and what can be improved
- If your site features a “search” box to help people find exactly what they’re looking for, pull the list of top terms entered in that box – those keywords can be used in all your marketing.
Marketing helps you connect with your customers in a variety of ways to inform them about your products and business. Email is a cost-effective tool when we segment your customer base and target the right messages, products or services to the right groups or segments.
- Grow your following and engage your audience with a compelling email strategy
- Developing a master list of all business-related contacts
- Not every contact needs to get every email, so organize your master list by categories like partners, prospects, vendors, investors and create category sub-lists to in increase the relevancy of email to each group
- Manage your email lists so you stop spending money to send emails to addresses that are no longer valid. According to Campaign Monitor’s 2020 email marketing study, the average bounce rate across industries is 0.7%.
- Optimize email performance with analytics to learn key performance metrics like how many people opened your email, or responded to it. Do you know the #1 place people click on each email?
Ever wonder how brands land media stories? Public Relations sets your company front-and-center in the public eye.
- Set up Google News Alerts for your company, brands and executives
- Build a quality media list
- Write and distribute press releases and media advisories
- Develop a press kit
- Write biographies for each executive
- Document company history with a timeline of major events and developments
- Compile articles and photos featuring your company
- Book media and podcast interviews as well as live demonstrations
- Organize and run in-person and virtual events
- Coordinate product or service launches with the marketing and public relations teams to develop and manage a master schedule of all marketing-related activities such as social media posts, blog posts and press releases
Money is a fundamental priority for business owners; financial services can help you manage your return on investment.
- Expense tracking
Human Resources can help ensure smooth and productive relationships with your employees throughout their tenure.
- Manage all the paperwork involved in hiring and transitioning employees and contractors
- Provide trainings required by law for specific industries
- Review all documentation and policies for compliance
Customer service is vital to every business. Businesses that fail to show customers how much they’re valued will fail. Outsourcing equips businesses with experts that are skilled in customer care so owners can focus on running the company.
- Respond to customer emails
- Automate replies to customers
- Monitor customer reviews on marketplaces like Amazon and eBay
- Report on reviews and customer emails so your company can improve the customer experience
Have you had success outsourcing? What’s your favorite task to outsource? Did we miss any tasks you’d like to outsource? Let us know.
Ready to get started with one or more of the services listed above? We’ve got you covered. Schedule your Discovery Call today!